Hamilton is a great city to visit, filled with many things to do, even when you’re on a budget. From scenic walks to exciting museums, there’s something for everyone in Hamilton. Hamilton is a great weekend getaway for those living in Toronto, as it is only an hour away by car. Many people from Toronto will drive down to Hamilton to enjoy the beaches and other outdoor attractions in the summer months.
Here are some tips on enjoying the city without breaking the bank.
What can I do for free in Hamilton?
- Hamilton takes pride in its history, and the abundance can be seen in public parks and trails around the city. Dundurn Castle National Historic Site is located on Hamilton Mountain and provides visitors with a tour through the castle and plenty of green space to explore. The times are free, and there is also parking available on-site.
- Hamilton is filled with parks, so if you’re looking for something fun to do in Hamilton on a budget, visiting some of those parks may be an option. A great one to see would be Gage Park. It has plenty of green space to walk around in, so whether you’re looking for a place to have a picnic or throw a Frisbee, Gage Park has what you need.
- Hamilton is home to several trails, so if you’d like to explore them, there are plenty of options. The Bruce Trail is one of the most popular trails in Ontario and is excellent for all-season use. This trail can be found in several locations throughout Hamilton, including the Escarpment. However, this trial does have an entry fee, but it’s well worth it!
- If you want to experience nightlife without breaking the bank, there are also plenty of bars and pubs that offer drink specials during the week. For example, The Lock Stock and Barrel offers a two-for-one special on Monday nights. If you’re looking for live music, Skid Row Garage is a great bar to visit for cheap drinks and live bands.
- Casinos are fun to visit, even on a budget, especially if you’re there to play some games! The Fallsview Casino Resort offers free parking and is located right by the falls. That means that you can enjoy both the attractions there and inside the casino itself. The casino also offers visitors daily giveaways, which are always fun.
- When the weather is warm, you can also visit some of the beaches that are close by. While it may be too cold to swim in the winter months, there are still great opportunities for walks along the water. The beach at Confederation Park is a great option to visit if you’re on a budget and want some fresh air. You can also watch some surfers and kiteboarders that frequent this area.
- Then, of course, if you’re looking for some free things to do in Hamilton with kids, be sure to check out Kids Around Town. Several free activities around the city are great ways to spend your family time!
There is so much to see and do in Hamilton that you’ll never be bored! Whatever your hobby, something is exciting for everyone.
>> YOU MAY LIKE : Your Ultimate Guide to Nightclubs in Hamilton <<
Have a passion for food?
- Hamilton has plenty of community events going on around the city that are great if you’re on a budget. The Hamilton Farmers’ Market is a great way to try new foods and products from local vendors.
- If you’re on the hunt for something fun for FREE, then be sure to check out some of the free events that are taking place in Hamilton! The Dundas Cactus Festival ($0) and Samba Fest ($0) are great if you’d like to explore some free culture.
- In terms of food, one thing worth mentioning is the Westdale Theater ($7). This is an excellent option for an affordable evening out for those who enjoy a good movie and a freshly popped bag of popcorn. However, tickets need to be purchased in advance as they do not sell them at the door.
- Hamilton has plenty of restaurants that offer cheap and delicious food. One excellent option is the Nique Snack Bar. It’s a local favorite for those who love sandwiches and poutine, as they offer both of those options very cheaply!
Hamilton offers plenty of great restaurants when it comes to cheap food, so you’ll never have an empty stomach! No matter what your tastes are, there is something for everyone.
Hamilton is full of great activities, especially if you’re on a budget! Whether you want to visit the beach or the trails, there are plenty of free options for everyone.
No responses yet